Community Cricket Facility Guidelines
Client: Cricket Australia
The Cricket Australia Community Cricket Facility Guidelines aim to align national cricket facility, infrastructure planning and development objectives with government, community and industry partners.
They provide a consolidated resource of community cricket facility planning, development, management and maintenance information and have been produced by insideEDGE Sport and Leisure Planning, with support from a Project Steering Group consisting of state and national cricket partners, state and local government representatives, designers and product industry professionals.
The Guidelines represent an important part of Cricket Australia’s investment into community cricket, with facilities being recognised as one of the key pillars in supporting the growth of cricket participation and improving participant and fan experiences.
- Consultation with representatives of all State and Territory Governments and cricket bodies.
- Presentations conducted at National and State PLA Conferences, Victorian and NSW Local Government Forums and peer review of Draft Guidelines by PLA representatives.
- One of Australia’s most comprehensive community sport and recreation facility planning resources.
THE GUIDELINES COVER THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
- National cricket context
- National cricket facility hierarchy
- Project planning
- Pitches and playing fields
- Outdoor training facilities
- Clubrooms and change facilities
- Artificial turf for cricket
- Support infrastructure
- Indoor cricket
- Facility cost guide
- Case studies