- Deakin University (Burwood) – Bachelor of Commerce, Sports Management (1997)
- Kangan Batman Institute of TAFE (Melbourne) – Certificate II Business Administration (1998-1999)
- Project management
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Business, market and industry trend analysis
- Business and strategic planning
- Facility planning and feasibility
- Policy development
- Commercial operations
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Public speaking and presenting
- Community Cricket Facility Guidelines
- Armstrong Creek Eastern Precinct District Sports Reserve Master Plan
- FFSA Strategic Facilities Plan
- G21 Regional Tennis Strategy
- Hobsons Bay Sports Facility Needs Strategy
Michael Bodman, is a dedicated professional to the sport, leisure, recreation and parks industries. His knowledge and skills span 15 years of operations and event delivery, sport, recreation and government planning, facility management and commercial business development.
Michael’s work history includes major event planning and delivery in Sydney and Manchester (Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games). He also has international experience in sports facility and stadia development, having worked with the UK’s largest sporting charity, the Football Foundation, as a consultant advising on, developing, and managing sports facility development projects.
Michael has worked for innovative and experienced consultancy practices in both London and Melbourne, managing a variety of projects for sport and government, and education and community organisations. Extensive consultancy experience within these sectors, combined with experience in managing leisure facility and services contracts in local government, provides him with a well rounded approach to both facility planning and management.
Michael’s work with Parks Victoria’s Commercial Business Division adds further strength to his business and operational experience, with a focus on developing economic and operational efficiencies for the state government across their parks estate.
As Director of insideEDGE, Michael is focused on providing quality, well researched plans and strategies for local and state government clients and to the sport and recreation industry and Michael’s enthusiasm for industry development work has contributed to the increase in quality outcomes for community level sport nationally. Michael sees a range of emerging industry trends towards state-wide and regional planning, increased focus on management and performance outcomes and growing alignment between sports and government