- RMIT – Bachelor of Arts in Recreation Management (1993)
- Accredited Mental Health First Aider
- Strategic planning
- Government expertise
- Project management
- Facility auditing
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Capital development planning and feasibility
- Facility and contract management
- Public speaking and presenting
- Albert Park Sporting Assets Plan
- Coffs Harbour Tennis Strategy
- Whitehorse Council Sports field Activity Audit
- West Australia Football Commission Facilities Strategy
- Adelaide Parkland Sports Infrastructure Master Plan
- Queensland Cricket Infrastructure Strategy
- Hockey Queensland Facility Audits and Renewal Plan
- Brimbank Council Sports Development Plan and Indoor Facilities Feasibility
- Netball Victoria Facilities Manual
As a Director of insideEDGE for over 10 years, Gavin is focused on providing quality and well researched strategic intelligence to all projects and ensuring project outcomes consider the ongoing impacts of operational and management responsibilities.
Gavin’s work history has involved the management of leisure facilities and programs with the YMCA, including responsibility for staff, financial, operational and performance management. He has extensive leisure facility contract management experience, having managed the contract operations of five major local government sport, leisure and aquatic facilities.
In 2006, as a member the major projects team within Sport and Recreation Victoria, Gavin was involved in the delivery of key infrastructure projects for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games. Key projects included Stage 2 Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, Sports House (in Albert Park) and the North Melbourne Football Club community facility.
Gavin is involved in all aspects of project planning. From early feasibility and need assessments to concept planning, detailed design, cost plans, financial modelling, funding and advocacy. He has also assisted many government and sporting organisations with facility auditing, asset management, business planning and operational and financial modelling to enhance performance.
Gavin’s experience in sport and leisure facility planning, development and management, combined with his professional and collaborative style of working, enables him to provide expert advice to the sector. His experience, combined with exceptional stakeholder engagement skills at community, executive and government levels, adds further strength to his strategic, business, operational and policy development experience.