The G21 Regional Football Strategy outlines the region’s draft vision and roadmap for the development and growth of football (soccer) over the next decade. The Strategy builds on the previous 2010 version and aims to extend the legacy of the G21 region’s rich football history by providing a clear direction and plan for the future.
The Draft Strategy outlines six key priorities that will have the greatest impact on football participation by 2033:
- Delivery of the Armstrong Creek West Active Open Space Sub-Regional Football Facility
- Improved quality of existing football pitches
- Improved quality of all gender change rooms for players and referees
- More training and support for the recruitment, development and retention of coaches, referees and volunteers
- Greater access to indoor facilities for futsal
- Greater promotion and delivery of programs to support all ages, genders, abilities and cultures
The Draft Strategy has been developed alongside the following key stakeholders:
- Football Victoria
- G21 Local Government Authorities (LGAs)
- Geelong Region Football Committee
- Geelong Futsal
The Draft Strategy has now been released by each G21 LGA to a 6 week public exhibition period. We invite your feedback on the Draft Strategy between Monday 31 July to Sunday 10 September, 2023.
Please click on the button below to download a copy of the Draft Strategy and use the form to the right to provide your details and feedback.
For further information about the Draft G21 Regional Football Strategy please contact Lachlan Cole, Head of Growth & Development, Football Victoria firstname.lastname@example.org or Zoe Sells, Senior Consultant, insideEDGE Sport & Leisure Planning email@example.com