- Extensive consultation with local, regional and state government, sport and community sectors.
- An audit of all existing facilities across the region to examine facility conditions and compliance with preferred AFL and Netball Victoria provision.
- Future facility provision based on projected participation identified and prioritised from community club level to elite pathway facility requirements.
Kangaroo Island Sport, Recreation and Open Space Strategy Review
Client: Kangaroo Island Council
Sport, Recreation & Open Space Planning
A pragmatic blueprint for the provision of sport, recreation and open space for Kangaroo Island over a period of ten years. This report provides a strategic approach to Council’s role and function in its provision, future investment and support for facilities and services.
The project scope included the following:
- Determine what has been achieved with the current plan
- Update the facility inventory, literature review, demographic and trend analysis.
- Undertake extensive consultation with the community and key stakeholders including sporting and recreation organisations and relevant government agencies
- Determine current and future needs, demands, issues and opportunities.
- Guide the consolidation, future development and further support for recreation, sport and open space provision
- Identify and examine opportunities to develop community sporting hubs.
- Provide a strategic approach to Council’s role and function in its provision, future investment and support for services.
- Provide a prioritised costed action plan and identification of funding sources and opportunities